Sunfish rig on piccup

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
      Has anyone had experience with this and did you have to make any modifications to location of leeboard?

      Regards,
      Mike
    • Andre
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2013
        Mike, Im not familiar with this rig but I did a quick google search and it seems the spar and boom can easily be adjusted on the point they are fixed to the mast. Mark the center of the triangle on the sail with tape and adjust it to match the leeboard position. Im not sure it is as easy as i say.....good luck. André

        Mike <rudder59@...> escreveu:

        >Has anyone had experience with this and did you have to make any modifications to location of leeboard?
        >
        >Regards,
        >Mike

      • Andre
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2013
          And....be carefull with the 75 sq.ft. Its a lot for piccup.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2013
            Andre
            Thanks. I'm going to do that with the rig to find the CE and I can adjust the position of the boom and spar on the mast so hopefully adjust that to line up with the LeeBoard.
            I tend to overbuild things and I purposely added additional support to piccup( will be weighing it this weekend) so I'm hoping the 75 sq ft sail will help offset the additional weight.
            Regards,
            Mike