Re: [Michalak] Re: Considering a set of bolt-on trimaran pontoons for Mixer.

  • John Kohnen
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 23, 2013
      The "http://" links are hot in emails from Yahoo, as they should be. It's
      odd that the links in the messages on the group Web pages used to act the
      opposite way from email conventions, with links that start with "http://"
      dead and those that started with "www" hot. I wonder why they did that?
      <shrug> And what they did with URLs that didn't start with "www"... It's
      annoying that none of the links work now. <sigh>

      I only ever read the group messages via email. Life's too short to be
      bumbling around Web pages reading messages...

      On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:24:33 -0700, graeme wrote:

      > John, those links don't show hot. I don't know if that's the case in
      > emails from the groups (I only signed for infrequent specials), but it's
      > not when the post is read on the web page.
      >
      > Formerly if prefixed with "http//" then yahoo pages showed the address
      > as ordinary text and you had to copy to or type it into your browser.
      > When prefixed without the "http//", and just begun with "www." the
      > address showed then as underlined, in blue text, and was hot.

      John (jkohnen@...)
      If you lose the power to laugh, you lose the power to think. (Clarence
      Darrow)
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 24, 2013
        Seems Yahoo switched something about 2 weeks ago, so that hot links
        don't come through on the group pages no matter how they are posted.

        I don't receive any individual emails except for maybe 3 or 4 groups
        that post notices I want to be aware of - as I belong to too many
        boating groups. Bolger4 sale and such. And definitely do not want to
        receive summaries!

        So a cold link I just copy and paste to a new tab. Pain in the butt but
        seems the best option. And I really appreciate people who delete the
        bottom of their responses to only leave the item they are responding to.

        Nels

        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" wrote:

        > The "http://" links are hot in emails from Yahoo, as they should be.
        It's
        > odd that the links in the messages on the group Web pages used to act
        the
        > opposite way from email conventions, with links that start with
        "http://"
        > dead and those that started with "www" hot. I wonder why they did
        that?
        > And what they did with URLs that didn't start with "www"... It's
        > annoying that none of the links work now.
        >
        > I only ever read the group messages via email. Life's too short to be
        > bumbling around Web pages reading messages...

      • graeme
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 24, 2013
          OTOH, life is too short to read lots of email. Scrolling through 30 web page messages at a time at leisure, and seeing the hot links noticeably displayed, especially when going back looking for some reference among the many diverging, digressing, or indeed on topic things was efficient... and snipped or lengthy unsnipped.

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jhkohnen@...> wrote:

          > I only ever read the group messages via email. Life's too short to be
          > bumbling around Web pages reading messages...
        • Andres Espino
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 25, 2013
            In Yahoo mail you now have to highlight it and click the link icon and enter the link typing or pasting it and then it appears HOT.  Otherwise it sometimes works and sometimes (usually) doesn't.

            The PLUS is that you now can enter very long links like that and they work.  perhaps length is why some do not convert to working links automatically?  not sure.

            Andrew

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 25, 2013
              To each their own. Thank goodness we're all different. <g> I find going
              through filtered and threaded emails much, much quicker and easier than
              trying to read forums online. <shrug>

              --
              John (jkohnen@...)
              Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt. (Clarence