OS Enigma / Robbsboat (Re: Shop Setup (long post!))

  • graeme
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 5, 2013
      Which Enigma is it? (bigger? iirc there's about 4 versions now). What didn't you like about the Robbsboat then? How come JM hasn't done a Enigma take? I've always thought Bolger's June Bug could be modified into one: increase side height and decks, maybe a little more rocker as Bolger suggested was an option, and maybe another rig. Anyway, JM, PCB, OS: If ya like I'd contribute towards a pooled designer's fee.

      Graeme

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "joe_mapango" <ccurtis-keyword-sailing.6d3753@...> wrote:

      My goal is to reduce the OS Enigma design down to the least number of parts possible. Setting up the cabin like Robbsboat gives more interior room, more buoyancy high up (to resist turtling) and also greatly reduces the time/parts needed to create the "house". If anyone wants to make suggestions, feel free to do so. Once I'm done, I'll put out a set of copyleft plans for all to use (if they want!).
    • kayaker37
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 27, 2013
        I had them give me a quote back in October:

        "- Design as per www.fastcomposites.ca scaled to 0.7826 as per customer specifications

        - Manufactured with CNC milled wood core, epoxy/carbon/glass vacuum bag laminate,

        faired and painted in high gloss white

        Price: Enigma 360 rudder = $490 CDN

        Packaging & handling (cardboard) = $70 CDN"