Re: [Michalak] Re: Plywood thickness... What does it effect?

  • john colley
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 1, 2013
      HMMM,Any body tried sailing a rocket?

      -Sigurd Olson

      ________________________________
      From: prairiedog2332 <nelsarv@...>
      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, 1 August 2013 3:34 AM
      Subject: [Michalak] Re: Plywood thickness... What does it effect?

      For what it is worth there is a rather elongated discussion going on
      about this in the DW discussion group.

      Personally I tend to take any commentary posted by John Welsford and
      Chuck Leinweber, as being very meaningful and ignore a lot of the other
      stuff:-) My thinking is not to get too hung up on all the details or
      one might end up being just more confused! Building a Michalak design is
      not really "rocket science" - even though Jim WAS a rocket scientist!

      Nels

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Anders Bjorklund wrote:

      > Generally true, but that explains nothing ...
      >
      > On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:02 AM, daniel brown dannyb9@... wrote:
      >
      > > wood floats

    • Scott Souder
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 6, 2013
        Well I appreciate all the feed back on the topic. Jim gave his blessing for the thicker bottom and the responses seem that the positive far outweigh the negatives. I think I've made up my mind.
        Thanks to all,
        Scott