Re: [Michalak] Re: Plywood thickness... What does it effect?

  • Martin Houston
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 31, 2013
      My AF3 has a 1/2 in bottom with 3- 3/4 X 2 1/2 runners glassed with 10 oz cloth & epoxy. I live in her on the trailer when I am traveling & like the stiff bottom. She is heavy for an AF3 but very strong & stable. Righted herself from a near capsize, pounded across San Antonio bay & went on oyster reefs several times. Scratched up but still intact. I wouldn't want to go with a lesser bottom. Just my thoughts.
      Martin

      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 6 12:16 PM
        Well I appreciate all the feed back on the topic. Jim gave his blessing for the thicker bottom and the responses seem that the positive far outweigh the negatives. I think I've made up my mind.
        Thanks to all,
        Scott