Re: [Michalak] Re: Plywood thickness... What does it effect?

  • Anders Bjorklund
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 30, 2013
      A thicker bottomed boat would be more tender at rest? It should have a
      slightly lower center of gravity. What's your thinking Graeme?

      Anders

      On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM, graeme <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

      > The thicker bottom boat (added ballast) will be more tender at rest, but
      > will have higher reserve stability - not bad for a square sailboat.

    • Scott Souder
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 6 12:16 PM
        Well I appreciate all the feed back on the topic. Jim gave his blessing for the thicker bottom and the responses seem that the positive far outweigh the negatives. I think I've made up my mind.
        Thanks to all,
        Scott