Re: Plywood thickness... What does it effect?

  • graeme
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 30, 2013
      The thicker bottom boat (added ballast) will be more tender at rest, but will have higher reserve stability - not bad for a square sailboat.

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Anders Bjorklund <andersbjorklund5@...> wrote:

      > I should qualify my statement a bit: Only the extra thickness that is
      > submerged will increase the carrying capacity, which will be simultaneously
      > reduced by the weight of the extra wood that is not submerged.
    • Scott Souder
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 6, 2013
        Well I appreciate all the feed back on the topic. Jim gave his blessing for the thicker bottom and the responses seem that the positive far outweigh the negatives. I think I've made up my mind.
        Thanks to all,
        Scott