Plywood thickness... What does it effect?

  • souderscott997
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 29 6:04 PM
      I built a Wooboto and have been loving it and using it constantly. I have considered some other plans for another build. I have also considered sending Jim another $42.50 and building another Wooboto with some modifications.
      I am not trying to change the actual plans of the boat, just several comfort modifications built in to the next one if I do. I am wondering about a 3/8" bottom as opposed to the 1/4" on the plans. I would like the bottom a bit stiffer.

      What does that change with the boat other than weight?

      How does one go about asking Jim. Can you contact him here or just write a good old fashioned letter?

      Scott
    • Scott Souder
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 6, 2013
        Well I appreciate all the feed back on the topic. Jim gave his blessing for the thicker bottom and the responses seem that the positive far outweigh the negatives. I think I've made up my mind.
        Thanks to all,
        Scott