Re: [Michalak] Re: mayfly 16 seats not parallel to chine

  • KENNETH D GILES
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2013
      Sorry to be so late in coming to this issue. The Disclaimer I built my Mayfly16 2 years ago and I'm 66 years old!

      I seem to remember thinking the same thing about the placement of the outer seat support but didn't get hung up on it, measured and glued it in place, did have trouble getting it bent had to steam the 1x2 to get it in . The thing to remember is that this seat support is also the support for the lower leeboard support, and 2 real big bolts go from the outside edges of the leeboard support through the sides and seat support. so a lot hangs on that little 1x2 and it works.
      Kenny Giles