Re: Mayfly 14, Piccup Squared, or ?

  • simonfbroad
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 30, 2013
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, john colley <Helliconia54@...> wrote:

      > we have nothing like messabouts here in ozz .I'm envious of you all

      John,

      That has always bugged me too - hoping to meet a few of you guys somewhere sometime so you can teach me how to sail :o)

      Doh!
      Found out this weekend that the Wooden Boat Association of Queensland had a messabout just up the road (Maroochydore) - last weekend!

      But there is another one at Cabbage Tree Creek in July. Seems they have several in a year.

      http://www.woodenboat.org.au/index.php/queensland

      Simon.
    • john colley
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 1, 2013
        hmmm i'm going to google wooden boats in victoria.We have plenty of lakes.

        -Sigurd Olson

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 1, 2013
          Looks like they are more active in the first half of the year.

          http://www.woodenboat.asn.au/index.php?option=com_jevents&view=year&task=year.listevents&Itemid=108

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, john colley <Helliconia54@...> wrote:

          > hmmm i'm going to google wooden boats in victoria.We have plenty of lakes.
          >

          > "There is magic in the feel of a paddle and the movement of a canoe, a magic compounded of distance, adventure, solitude, and peace."
          > -Sigurd Olson

        • john colley
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 2, 2013
            beat me to it thanx for that,i bookmarked it.

            -Sigurd Olson