RE: [Michalak] Re: Translation Please

  • daniel brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013
      thank YOU nels, you have been a great source of info on many subjects over the past many months

      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      From: nelsarv@...
      Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:27:03 +0000
      Subject: [Michalak] Re: Translation Please

      Thanks Dan and Sam!
      Somehow I expected it to be far more complicated that that:-) Why can't
      those navel architects say what they mean in plain English? (Just
      kidding Sam)

      Bolger does seem to also suggest that a boomless sail has more of a
      tendency towards weather helm than one with a boom and a sprit sail is
      generally boomless, so perhaps why the CE or mast should be a bit
      further aft. His essays on the sprit rig are important reading in my
      opinion as that rig attracts a lot of interest for a small hull designed
      for paddling or rowing.

      Nels

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, daniel brown wrote:

      > here i am speculating: the quarter chord of a 12" wide centerboard
      (assuming a vertical board) would be 3" , so dont put the ce forward of
      3"