Re: Steve's Mayfly 14 Build

  • scast101
    Message 1 of 95 , Jun 16, 2013
      Hadn't thought of that - maybe I'll fill the plywood voids, paint 'em up and then resurface if needed after testing - sounds like a winter project . . . Thx, Nels

      > The blades look fine to me as well. I think to fill voids Jim uses
      > Bondo? Or something like it.
      >
      > The only other thing is you might consider test-running the leeboard a
      > few times before applying the final finish coating to make sure it
      > doesn't vibrate. Because if it does you can fair off the aft section a
      > bit more to cure that. And don't fair to a sharp edge. You want about
      > 1/4" flat spot out at the back edge.
      >
      > Nels
      >

      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, daniel brown wrote:
      > >
      > > i think the slightly wavy surface wont matter much except in theory.
      > dont know if you want to go to the trouble but you could put a layer of
      > 6 oz fg cloth/epoxy on the blades to seal the hard/soft wood and make
      > maintenance easier over time.

    • scast101
      Message 95 of 95 , Jul 31 5:45 AM
        I've posted a couple of post-launch photos and short video clip of relaxed sailing. I've had it out 4 times and am please with the Mayfly's preformance.

        Thanks for looking.

        Steve

         A Few Images