Re: Steve's Mayfly 14 Build

    Message 1 of 96 , Jun 16, 2013
      The blades look fine to me as well. I think to fill voids Jim uses
      Bondo? Or something like it.

      The only other thing is you might consider test-running the leeboard a
      few times before applying the final finish coating to make sure it
      doesn't vibrate. Because if it does you can fair off the aft section a
      bit more to cure that. And don't fair to a sharp edge. You want about
      1/4" flat spot out at the back edge.

      Nels

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, daniel brown wrote:

      > i think the slightly wavy surface wont matter much except in theory.
      dont know if you want to go to the trouble but you could put a layer of
      6 oz fg cloth/epoxy on the blades to seal the hard/soft wood and make
      maintenance easier over time.

    • tom_burton
      Message 96 of 96 , Jul 6
        Scott-  this unrelated to Mayfly - I was curious about your IMB tabernacle mast and your experience with it.

        Could I email you directly?