Re: [Michalak] AF3 Launch

  • Tom Allen
    Message 1 of 8 , May 16, 2013
      Just watched the video,  Nice job, nice boat, nice video.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , May 17, 2013
        Thank you. I got paid back for all the work in one afternoon. Fun Project.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , May 17, 2013
          I'll probably do the same in the coming year.  Bought AF2 plans years ago, but I'm an old man and don't want to haul anything too big around dear old Michigan. I do like the AF3 though although cat rigged would suit me absolutely to a tee.  Thanks for the response.  You do nice work. - Sincerely - Tom

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , May 18, 2013
            Martin has several videos showing his AF3 build as it went along
            beginning with #1 here:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76nlJR-RSUM
            <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76nlJR-RSUM>

            Lots of very useful information. As an old man, I like the cat yawl rig
            myself and Martin shows it is not hard to add it. That is a very nice
            sail set-up in my view and worth the extra tweaking.

            Nels
            --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Tom Allen wrote:

            > I'll probably do the same in the coming year. Bought AF2 plans
            years ago, but I'm an old man and don't want to haul anything too big
            around dear old Michigan. I do like the AF3 though although cat rigged
            would suit me absolutely to a tee. Thanks for the response.Â
            You do nice work. - Sincerely - Tom

          • Tom Hart
            Message 5 of 8 , May 18, 2013
              Yes, great video and I also watched the one before, on the sails.

              One question on that one:
              I had understood that, with loose-footed mainsails, the reef points were
              better not tied round the boom. Is that the general view?

              Tom.
            • Martin Houston
              Message 6 of 8 , May 18, 2013
                It probably is. I have never run a loose footed main, I have mine tied to the boom & will tie my reef points there also. It seems like it would be easier & put less stress on the sail. O know some like loose footed & hope to talk to them about it on the Texas 200. I think if you tied reef points around the boom it would defeat the purpose of running loose footed. Maby they get better sail shape. I have the grommets so I'm using them.
                Martin