Piccup question

  • Andre Basso
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2013
      Question for more experienced builders (piccup or not),

      I've finished all outside hull fiberglassing (chines included) and it's
      been pretty easy to twist the hull just by grabbing the bow by hand with
      little effort involved. Still missing knees and gunwales but wonder if
      at this point I should have a more stiff hull. All inside chines are
      fiberglassed as well and I'm using epoxy resin.

      Thank you in advance for your feedback.

      Andre

    • Anders Bjorklund
      Message 2 of 8 , May 13, 2013
        The end decks and gunwales will make it much more resistant to twisting, if
        they are not on yet.

        Anders

        On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Andre Basso <basso.asb@...> wrote:

        > Question for more experienced builders (piccup or not),
        >
        > I've finished all outside hull fiberglassing (chines included) and it's
        > been pretty easy to twist the hull just by grabbing the bow by hand with
        > little effort involved. Still missing knees and gunwales but wonder if
        > at this point I should have a more stiff hull. All inside chines are
        > fiberglassed as well and I'm using epoxy resin.
        >
        > Thank you in advance for your feedback.
        >
        > Andre

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2013
          Andre
          The knees and the gunnels will tighten everything up dramatically.
          Regards
          Mike
          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Andre Basso <basso.asb@...> wrote:

          > Question for more experienced builders (piccup or not),
          >
          > I've finished all outside hull fiberglassing (chines included) and it's
          > been pretty easy to twist the hull just by grabbing the bow by hand with
          > little effort involved. Still missing knees and gunwales but wonder if
          > at this point I should have a more stiff hull. All inside chines are
          > fiberglassed as well and I'm using epoxy resin.
          >
          > Thank you in advance for your feedback.
          >
          > Andre

        • Andre Basso
          Message 4 of 8 , May 13, 2013
            Thank you Anders and Mike.

            Good news I guess. Hope to laminate first gunwale layer this weekend.

            Andre.

            On 13-05-2013 22:13, Mike wrote:

            > Andre
            > The knees and the gunnels will tighten everything up dramatically.
            > Regards
            > Mike
            > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Michalak%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > Andre Basso <basso.asb@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Question for more experienced builders (piccup or not),
            > >
            > > I've finished all outside hull fiberglassing (chines included) and it's
            > > been pretty easy to twist the hull just by grabbing the bow by hand
            > with
            > > little effort involved. Still missing knees and gunwales but wonder if
            > > at this point I should have a more stiff hull. All inside chines are
            > > fiberglassed as well and I'm using epoxy resin.
            > >
            > > Thank you in advance for your feedback.
            > >
            > > Andre

          • Mark Albanese
            Message 5 of 8 , May 13, 2013
              Andre,

              Not unusual to be pretty flexible at this point. Gun'ls will stiffen things
              right up.
              On May 13, 2013 4:43 PM, "Andre Basso" <basso.asb@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Question for more experienced builders (piccup or not),
              >
              > I've finished all outside hull fiberglassing (chines included) and it's
              > been pretty easy to twist the hull just by grabbing the bow by hand with
              > little effort involved. Still missing knees and gunwales but wonder if
              > at this point I should have a more stiff hull. All inside chines are
              > fiberglassed as well and I'm using epoxy resin.
              >
              > Thank you in advance for your feedback.
              >
              > Andre

            • Andre
              Message 6 of 8 , May 14, 2013
                Thank you Mark.

                Mark Albanese <marka97203@...> escreveu:

                >Andre,
                >
                >Not unusual to be pretty flexible at this point. Gun'ls will stiffen things
                >right up.
                >On May 13, 2013 4:43 PM, "Andre Basso" <basso.asb@...> wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Question for more experienced builders (piccup or not),
                >>
                >> I've finished all outside hull fiberglassing (chines included) and it's
                >> been pretty easy to twist the hull just by grabbing the bow by hand with
                >> little effort involved. Still missing knees and gunwales but wonder if
                >> at this point I should have a more stiff hull. All inside chines are
                >> fiberglassed as well and I'm using epoxy resin.
                >>
                >> Thank you in advance for your feedback.
                >>
                >> Andre

              • Andre Basso
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2013
                  Mike,

                  I've emailed you a few times about your piccup update but it seems
                  messages are reaching your quarantine/trash mail box.

                  Wait for your contact.

                  All the best,

                  Andre.
                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 3, 2013
                    Andre
                    I'll go in now and check out why the email is being blocked .hope your build is going well.