Piccups progress

  • abasso5
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2013
      Mike,

      Good to read about your progress. It seems you have just a few things to finish for splash. Will you sew the sail also ?

      I've made little progress on mine working in the holiday of may 1st. I recorded it in the blog (with pics). Just glassed bilge/sides chines. It took me the whole afternoon to get it done.

      http://umveleirosimples.blogspot.com.br

      All the best,

      Andre.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2013
        Andre,
        Checked out your blog and build looks good.
        Cut out and glassed skeg to hull Saturday. Weather changed again and dropped at night into the forties so it will take a little while for resin to cure completely.
        I kept a lot of hardware from an old sailboat I was going to rebuild when I was a kid and went thru it last night to see what I could use on the pickup. Kind of feel like I'm bringing it back to life if I refurbish it and use on piccup.

        Busy schedule next two weeks so will try to get a little done each day if I can and hope that weather warms up. Getting close to splash date.
        Have rigs from sunfish and wind surfer that I can use and may just to get it in the water and see how it does. But plan on making wood mast and the sail.

        Keep up the good work.

        Mike