Luan Ply and Thinned Epoxy

  • techteach3991 <cm_davis@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      Ok,,, it is now three to one for the De Natured alcohol, one for the
      lacquer thinner. I ordered the plans today to begin building from.
      I think on the first one I will use the denatured alcohol thinned to
      between 5 and 10% and do my usual thing of precoating all lumber
      before I begin cutting anything. Once the parts are cut, I will
      stich together and coat again un-thinned. Most of ya are saying to
      use the silca to make the putty so will do that. Never thought of
      putting the glass in while the putty is still wet then wetting it
      out. Sure would save a lot of work sanding. I will take pics of
      the process of it going together and try to post them when done.
      How long does it usually take for the plans to arrive?

      Michael the reformed polyester user