Re: First brazilian Piccup Pram ?

  • JeffreyM
    Message 1 of 159 , Apr 19, 2013
      My Piccup is built of 1/4 inch okume. I have worried about the ply thickness only once: I was posing myself and my wife in the boat as it sat on pavement in our driveway, and suddenly felt it "oilcan" alarmingly. This happened only because we put alot of weight on the bottom without the boat being evenly supported by being afloat.

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Andre Basso <basso.asb@...> wrote:

      > Mike,
      >
      > I remember you mentioned using plywood smaller than 1/4" for the boat
      > but I remember also you correct this glassing the hull properly. Why
      > another layer of plywood in the cockpit ?
      >
      > I'm trying to keep things as light as possible but I'm also worried
      > about plywood thickness. 1/4 seems to be weak to step on!
      >
      > Andre.
      >

      > On 14-04-2013 22:30, Mike wrote:
      > >
      > > Andre,
      > > Worked on another layer of plywood in the cockpit. Was able to pick up
      > > some Meranti plywood and made the larger leeboard. Heading down to the
      > > Keys to go sailing with my daughter. They've been refurbishing an old
      > > O'Day sailboat and got the mast back up last week.Will post some more
      > > pictures when I get back. Good luck with the build.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Mike
      > >
      > > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Michalak%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Andre Basso <basso.asb@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Mike,
      > > >
      > > > Thank you. Next week I'll be back to boat building fortunately !
      > > >
      > > > Keep us posted with pictures ! ;-)
      > > >
      > > > Andre.

      > > sense

      > > <mailto:Michalak%40yahoogroups.com>

      > > beefed up
      > > the
      > > want to

      > > <mailto:Michalak%40yahoogroups.com>

      > > wait a

      > > is not

      > > a week.

    • John Boy
      Message 159 of 159 , Sep 1, 2013
        Thank you. For some reason, my Chrome browser stopped translating.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android