Need help with rigging a Catbox (posted in sailoklahoma group also)

  • rogerinthedr
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2013
      I am teaching a small group of teenagers how to build a boat. We decided on the Catbox PDR after getting some advice on the Sailoklahoma group. We are building four pdr's. I wanted at least five, but our young people have absolutely no experience with building anything.

      The project is going well, and the teenagers are having a great time. They have all of the pieces cut out, and have begun sanding the side panels. We will be gluing up the rudder, rudder cheeks and leeboards tomorrow, then get started on the framing for the sides.

      I need to purchase the hardware for the pdrs, and need some help with exactly what I should purchase for the catbox. Each of these need to be identical with the same setup. Here is more specifically what I was thinking, and what I was hoping to get some help with:

      1 set per boat - RL-358 Pintle and Gudgeon
      1 per boat - SD-043340 - 4.5" Heavy Duty Nylon Cleat
      1 per boat - SD-043030 - 3" Nylon Cleat
      1 per boat - Auto-release Clamcleat for daggerboard
      Whick blocks and eyes do you recommend, and how many should I get per boat?
      Which oarlocks do you recommend? We will make our own oars.
      I also need to know what kind of rope and how much to get per pdr.

      Thank you for any help you can give us. I would like to purchase all of this from Duckworks. BTW, we are following Jim's plans for the Catbox on everything.

      Roger Jewell