Re: [Michalak] Re: First brazilian Piccup Pram ?

  • Andre Basso
    Message 1 of 159 , Mar 24, 2013
      Blog updated again.

      http://umveleirosimples.blogspot.com.br

      Mike,

      Started fiberglassing the outside of hull yesterday. Bad news. The mask
      I was using (disposable for painting - ok my fault) was (of course)
      unappropriated and now I'm suffering from rhinitis. Will wait a week or
      so to go back to work, get a better mask with filters for organic vapors
      and hope not to be sensitized by epoxy.

      I'm facing the opposite here. Too hot. I have to work really fast not to
      lose resin.

      Laminated the larger leeboard and it is full at 12" now. It is not
      finished yet. Any good reason to shape its bottom down to 10" ?
      Aesthetics or trying to keep weight down ?

      I have chosen color scheme but still fighting with names.....

      Best regards,

      André.

      On 24-03-2013 23:26, Mike wrote:

      > Andre,
      > Nice progress.Your moving right along on your build.
      > better to have found the twist in your hull at this stage rather than
      > after you fiberglassed everything in.
      > Haven't been able to get much further along on mine.it's now
      > officially Spring but we haven't been able to get out of the 30 degree
      > temperatures yet. Hopefully get into the fifties in about a week.
      > Are you doing the larger Leeboard and will you shape it from 12" down
      > to 10" at bottom or keep it full 12" wide?
      >
      > Regards
      > Mike

    • John Boy
      Message 159 of 159 , Sep 1, 2013
        Thank you. For some reason, my Chrome browser stopped translating.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android