Re: [Michalak] Steve's Mayfly 14 Build

  • John Boy
    Message 1 of 95 , Mar 24, 2013
      I graphited for the first time last night.  I put three honking plastic spoonfuls in six pumps of goo (Raka 2-1 poxy).  It'll clump so I spooned-stirred, spooned-stirred, spooned-stirred, and finally stirred the chit out of it.  Applied one coat in the dim light of the garage, turned out as black as my heart.  It was a one shot deal, glassed, waited three hours, and graphited.  I have a couple of bubbles to cut out on the chines but over all, it's done.
      John Boy

      I have a blog!  http://toon2sailor.blogspot.com/

      Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island

      Message 95 of 95 , Jul 31 5:45 AM
        I've posted a couple of post-launch photos and short video clip of relaxed sailing. I've had it out 4 times and am please with the Mayfly's preformance.

        Thanks for looking.

        Steve

         A Few Images