Re: [Michalak] Re: TBIII

  • jhargrovewright2@juno.com
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 23, 2013
      Tom, As much 100% good experience (many small boats, coopered masts, hatches and on and on) I have had with TBIII, your words have made me wonder..... Caution is always wise. When I get back to building after what will amount to two years of re-building my life after a fire that took almost everything.... including my nose hair clippers, I will build a one sheet super light dingy stitch and glue with TBIII, just to test my skills and glue of choice....and order a couple of gallons of epoxy from duckworks for my next real boat.... I now have a comfortable home, some tools, a big shop and a huge itch to build a boat. I am clearing around a large old live oak, this morning, for a fenced yard for the dogs and us.....then the boat. I have designed three boats during my hiatus. One week to begin boat building, again....Life is good. JIB
      Message 44 of 44 , Mar 24, 2013
        I use Titebond III on tight joints that I can clamp or use screws & GelMagic epoxy where there is any non perfect fits or voids. I use fasteners when I can, usually not on spars. So far I haven't had a joint fail but then, I never boiled a boat.