Re: Hapscut & EC Duck travel the Neches River

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
      The first day Hapscut rowed & motered, while EC Duck rowed and sailed. By the second day the river opened up and both boats were able to sail more. Due to the gusty winds we sailed with our #2 reef in so the sailing was more enjoyable.

      This part of the Neches is affected by the sea breeze so the wind funnels straight up the river, but with the 2-3mph current making your way upwind/down river is pretty easy.

      JDG