midwest messabout

  • Dave Seaberg <twowheeler73@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 7:55 AM
      I'm new to this group and new to boat building. Having just completed
      a nifty little D4 (yet to see water) I have become interested in
      trying one of these messabouts.
      Does this midwest messabout draw a good number of people? It sounds
      like fun. Even if I couldn't spend the whole weekend spending a
      Saturday would be great.
      Does this require any sign up before hand or can I simply show up?
      Dave Seaberg
      Rockford, Illinois
    • vexatious2001 <cadbury@swbell.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 5:49 PM
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Seaberg <twowheeler73@y...>"
        <twowheeler73@y...> wrote:
        > I'm new to this group and new to boat building. Having just
        completed
        > a nifty little D4 (yet to see water) I have become interested in
        > trying one of these messabouts.
        > Does this midwest messabout draw a good number of people? It sounds
        > like fun. Even if I couldn't spend the whole weekend spending a
        > Saturday would be great.
        > Does this require any sign up before hand or can I simply show up?
        > Dave Seaberg
        > Rockford, Illinois

        In 2002, about 12 home-built boats were there.

        In 2001, about 15 home-built boats were there.

        There aint no telling how many will show-up,
        but it is always fun, irregardless of the number
        of attendees.

        Sometimes the sun shines and sometimes it rains,
        but i have been rained-on before and i don't bother
        to check the weather forcast when I go.

        I drove through a tornado to get to the last messabout
        I attended.

        Just show-up.

        But keep in mind most people start for home on Sunday
        morning, so not much happends on Sunday.

        Max