Centerboard Lugger

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2013
      There is a design review of an 19'10" Centerboard Lugger in the latest
      WB mag. I found it very interesting to compare it with John Goodman's
      Hapscut. Well respected designer Paul Gartside but the order of
      complication is over the moon in comparison with what Jim does. And it
      barely has space for one person to lie down in the cuddy with that
      centerboard case there, and the reviewer has some issues with the cut
      of the mizzen sail which I agree with. Not like Jim suggests.

      He also suggests he would extend the forward end of the mizzen sprit
      boom about 8" to create a "handle" ... that "will help us forcibly
      swing the sail to any position at almost any time. This works
      near-miracles for control and it insures we'll never get caught in
      irons."

      Not that big a deal since John already has that on Hapscut:-)

    • Gene Berry
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2013
        I don't know much about much, but i know i like Jim's boats. the more plans and designs i look at the more almost everything he does makes since to me. i wish i had the time and materials to build everyone of them.

        Gene Berry