Re: Japanese Saws

    Message 1 of 159 , Mar 5, 2013
      Funny thing - the latest edition of WB mag has a big article on how to
      use "Western" saws!

      Also in reviewing the magazine I was amazed at the work and effort that
      is done to make a wooden boat appear exactly like one made of
      fibreglass. I want my boat to look like is was made of wood:-)
      Probably explains though why a Michalak design is hardly ever shown.
      Five years seems to be the average time for a lot of them.

      Just sayin'

      > There are lots of different kinds and available at most hardware and
      > tool outlets that carry hand tools including Duckworks, Lee Valley
      > Depot. Just Google "Japanese Saws." For plywood, one with a hardened
      > blade is best and get a spare blade.

    • John Boy
      Message 159 of 159 , Sep 1, 2013
        Thank you. For some reason, my Chrome browser stopped translating.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android