Re: Polytarp Sails.

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2013
      Thanks Dan and John. Very helpful info.

      I already have two white polytarps. One 20 x 20 and the other 20 x 28'
      but they are not as heavy as Dave now uses - only 3.5 oz supposedly. So
      thinking battens might add strength at reef points and then lazy jacks
      for quick reefing. Another reason is my daughter-in-law is from Beijing
      and she wants a junk sail:-)

      Nels

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "John" <goodman_clan@...> wrote:

      > I bought a 15'x20'POLYSAIL KIT, which comes with everything you need
      to build a lug main & mizzen for Hapscut or similar sized boat. It comes
      with a lug rope. I have to say the kit was pretty impressive since it
      has everything you need to build a "taped only" sail and cost about $132
      including shipping. It took me about about 12 hours to cut, sew and rig
      both sails.