Re: [Michalak] Re: Bill Nolen Power Pack article

  • billnolen66
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 26 4:35 AM
      Hi Jeff,

      Thank you for the kind words! Sorry, but I don't have a clue to any
      anti-sulfation measures.

      The only thing I have read on the subject suggests never letting the
      battery get over 50% discharged. So easy to say and write, but sometimes very
      difficult to do!

      Bill Nolen
      OKC

      In a message dated 2/25/2013 9:43:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      jeffsprayer@... writes:

      Great article Bill, thanks. Thought I'd draw it more attention with your
      name in Subject Line.:)

      Have you any knowledge about effective anti-sulfating measures? I
      understand sulfation is the death of most wet cell/AGM batteries.

      Jeff

      --- In _Michalak@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Michalak@yahoogroups.com) ,

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 2, 2013
        Checking to see if my heater is still in production, I found several
        others with that brand name (Martin). This model might be of interest to
        some. It uses butane canisters which do not work that well at higher
        altitudes and colder temps. Converts to a cooking grill apparently!

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/30/infrared-heater-bdn-1\
        00/

        They also make a nice heater that has a thermostat.

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/33/thermostat-heater/