Re: Michalak Caroline (As a motor cruiser)

  • jeffsprayer
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 24, 2013
      That's great to hear about minimal power requirements for Caroline and thus Dani Jay. I'm one to use tide movements to my advantage and as much warning as we get up here of changing weather I am confident I'd rarely have to change plans. If good torque, reliability and efficiency can be had at about 5hp, cool beans.

      Looking forward to seeing the result of Stan's work!

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 2, 2013
        Checking to see if my heater is still in production, I found several
        others with that brand name (Martin). This model might be of interest to
        some. It uses butane canisters which do not work that well at higher
        altitudes and colder temps. Converts to a cooking grill apparently!

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/30/infrared-heater-bdn-1\
        00/

        They also make a nice heater that has a thermostat.

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/33/thermostat-heater/