Re: Michalak Caroline

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 23, 2013
      Jeff,
      I could not find the pics and am curious. Do you have a link? I did find
      some of an AF4G with higher cabin added over at a Michalak sub-group.
      1260240026/pic/list

      Looks very well done and might provide some ideas or inspiration. I am
      also wondering what size OB you have in mind and what kind of interior
      heat? Definitely a nice thing to have some heat up here in the great NW.
      Nels

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "jeffsprayer" <jeffsprayer@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mike,
      > Back in 2010 you posted pics of your Michalak Caroline model to the
      Michalak group. Nicely done and thank you. Have you built her or what
      might you have ended up building or doing?

      > I live in Olympia, Washington USA and after last night's impromptu
      meeting at dinner with most of my family of 6, I am reconsidering my
      announcement to them of building the AF4 with some minor vertical
      adjustments.* Seems as though my wife Kim is serious about the "tug
      boat" look (heated cabin addiction) and my kids want all six of us to be
      able to cruise, 4 of us being young adults. My trailer is good for a
      heavy 18'.

      > Anyway, I've always loved Caroline as a base for a displacement
      powerboat but have never been forced into actually following through
      based on a family whim(?). So, while my design might have a permanent
      dodger a couple feet forward of the stern, most of the rest would be
      cabin as designed, save for a treatment like you did with the bow area.

      > So what did you end up doing? Funny, me asking when I live almost the
      hemispherical opposite of you! lol

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 2, 2013
        Checking to see if my heater is still in production, I found several
        others with that brand name (Martin). This model might be of interest to
        some. It uses butane canisters which do not work that well at higher
        altitudes and colder temps. Converts to a cooking grill apparently!

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/30/infrared-heater-bdn-1\
        00/

        They also make a nice heater that has a thermostat.

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/33/thermostat-heater/