Michalak Caroline

  • jeffsprayer
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi Mike,
      Back in 2010 you posted pics of your Michalak Caroline model to the Michalak group. Nicely done and thank you. Have you built her or what might you have ended up building or doing?

      I live in Olympia, Washington USA and after last night's impromptu meeting at dinner with most of my family of 6, I am reconsidering my announcement to them of building the AF4 with some minor vertical adjustments.* Seems as though my wife Kim is serious about the "tug boat" look (heated cabin addiction) and my kids want all six of us to be able to cruise, 4 of us being young adults. My trailer is good for a heavy 18'.

      Anyway, I've always loved Caroline as a base for a displacement powerboat but have never been forced into actually following through based on a family whim(?). So, while my design might have a permanent dodger a couple feet forward of the stern, most of the rest would be cabin as designed, save for a treatment like you did with the bow area.

      So what did you end up doing? Funny, me asking when I live almost the hemispherical opposite of you! lol

      Cheers,
      Jeff West

      *Rene Vidmer is a hero of sorts to me with what he has accomplished with his AF4B.
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 2, 2013
        Checking to see if my heater is still in production, I found several
        others with that brand name (Martin). This model might be of interest to
        some. It uses butane canisters which do not work that well at higher
        altitudes and colder temps. Converts to a cooking grill apparently!

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/30/infrared-heater-bdn-1\
        00/

        They also make a nice heater that has a thermostat.

        http://www.sail.ca/en/catalogue/camping/heaters/33/thermostat-heater/