Re: [Michalak] Re: Paddleplank!

  • Mike Allison
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 22, 2013
      On 2/22/2013 11:30 AM, pd_89415 wrote:

      > Thanks for the comments Dave Gentry! I must say that I am not going
      > into this completely in the dark thanks to your descriptive posts and
      > photos on other forums. As of this morning, I have the details worked
      > out and have plotted full scale layouts of the cross sectional frames.
      > Will pick up some lumber this weekend and get rolling.
      >
      > Looking forward to seeing your new design. Will bookmark it in case my
      > design is a total flop.
      >
      > Have you considered any type of built in flotation in your SUP
      > designs? Pool noodles? Empty wine bags?

      Here is a pair of links that may help design a paddle plank.

      http://www.svensons.com/boat/?p=MechanixIllustrated/BattleSurfBoards
      http://www.svensons.com/boat/?p=Surfboards/Hollowsurf

      Mike Allison (North of Kansas City Mo, USA)

    • billnolen66
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 22, 2013
        Nels, that's good advice! Many of us older guys have lost a great deal of
        our ability to balance standing upright in a boat.

        How many of you...young and old...can now stand on one foot, on a solid
        floor, for a minute? OK, now try doing it with your eyes closed!

        Disclaimer: I'm not liable for injuries! <G>

        Bill Nolen
        OKC

        In a message dated 2/22/2013 5:33:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        nelsarv@... writes:

        I think a person could try a stand-up paddle in any small boat before
        making the big plunge. (Pun intended:-)

        Matt Layden did the around Florida Challenge using one in his tiny
        sailboat including running some fast waters. I'm thinking something like
        a Mouse boat could be a test bed. Does it have to be a pointy bow if it
        has some rocker which would also stiffen the hull bottom.

        --- In _Michalak@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Michalak@yahoogroups.com) ,