Re: [Michalak] Re: First brazilian Piccup Pram ?

  • Andre
    Message 1 of 159 , Feb 20, 2013
      Mike,

      I'll search for the smallest outboard available here. It seems to be a Honda 2hp. Out of my budget. Trolling eletric motors are an option too but will add 20lb due to battery + motor arrangement and recharging in the islands I plan to go is not something I can count on. Tohatsu has a 1.5 Hp outboard but is not available in our marketplace. In the low cost range there is a 3.6 Hp / 30lb Sailor (chinese) which is the best option I could find up to now. I'll keep searching. Not in a rush and with luck I hope to find something better at a reasonable price.
      I'll rig my piccup with the larger leeboard and sail too. But will play a bit with a 40 sq.ft leg o mutton sail I sewed for a Bolger nymph I never built.

      Andre.

      Mike <rudder59@...> escreveu:

      >Andre,
      >Yes I'm building it per the plans and going with the larger Lee board and balanced lug rig. I Played with the mast step& partner a little so I can interchange with a sunfish rig And a windsurfing rig I have access to. Only other modification would be a folding step on stern for reboarding after a capsize. what size outboard are you going to go with?
      >Regards ,
      >Mike
      >--- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Andre <basso.asb@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi Mike
      >>
      >> Good luck to both of us. Are you building her per plans? I intend to modify transom to attach a small outboard to it. Not sure about the best solution. Most of the time will sail and row but want to be able to reach a few islands quickly.
      >>
      >> This group is awesome.
      >>
      >> Andre.
      >>
      >> Mike <rudder59@...> escreveu:
      >>

      >> >Andre,
      >> >Good luck with the piccup build. I'm ready to put the skeg,mast partner and decks on mine. it's 17 degrees out so will wait till it warms up a little. It's been a great project.Enjoy every moment of it. The feedback on the forum has been great especially when I had challenges or made mistakes. great suggestions and recommendations.
      >> >

      >> >Regards,
      >> >Mike

    • John Boy
      Message 159 of 159 , Sep 1, 2013
        Thank you. For some reason, my Chrome browser stopped translating.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android