Re: Steve's Mayfly 14 Build

  • scast101
    Message 1 of 95 , Jan 22, 2013
      Scott:

      What qualities do you like best about it? And what do I need to do to mine to make it a good windward performer?

      Steve

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "tsgosnell" wrote:

      > Looking good, its downhill from this this point. I love my mayfly 14, great boat that can handle alot.
      > Scott
      >
      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "scast101" wrote:
      > >

      > > Activity slowed down over the holidays, but a warm weekend seemed right for epoxy work. Now the bottom is on the boat - some pix are can be seen here: http://stevebuildsaboat.wordpress.com/
      > >
      > > Now thinking about sail options and a (really) cheap trailer.
      > >
      > > Thanks for looking.
      > >
      > > Steve
      > >

      > > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "scast101" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've started to build a Mayfly 14 from Jim Michalak's book. I've started a blog about the process here and welcome your comments.
      > > >
      > > > Question: I just drew the side panel lines onto plywood, but the sheer isn't fair on either panel. It reverses direction slightly 6 feet back from the bow, causing the sheer to have a bit of an "S" in it when I lay a batten along the nails I installed at the measured locations. Checked my measurements 3x and now am wondering if there is a typo on the dimensions in the plans in the book. Checked the message board, but did not see this come up. Any advice most appreciated.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks.
      > > >
      > > > Steve

    • scast101
      Message 95 of 95 , Jul 31, 2014
        I've posted a couple of post-launch photos and short video clip of relaxed sailing. I've had it out 4 times and am please with the Mayfly's preformance.

        Thanks for looking.

        Steve

         A Few Images