Re: AF3

  • bluetigerider
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 18, 2013
      Really just gabbing. Kicking around ideas.

      I would make a well for the outboard. Weighs around 80lbs.

      I like the idea of motoring out from docks, and sailing from there. If weather changes Just start motor and move on.

      But for me, everything is just theory. I have gotten to sail my PDR 4 times then weather got too cold. So basically, I am too inexperienced to have any type of informed opinions.

      Respectfully
      Kelly F

      .
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Mark Albanese wrote:

      > Kelly,
      >
      > My little Tohatsu 3.5 weighs only about forty pounds. The Honda 9.9 is a
      > hundred easy. I'm guessing solo you may be up against the bulkhead often.
      >
      > Are you thinking of modifying to a pair of sponsons like Danny J, or a
      > well?

    • Martin Houston
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 19, 2013
        I agree with John Boy. The AF3 is just not designed for a motor. I have seen videos of them with very small motors on transom brackets & side mounted brackets, but I think they would throw the balance off, be hard to reach & I don't think it would perform well. I would not cut into the aft compartment, it would affect bouyancy & water flow. The 9.9 is a great motor, it just needs the proper boat. I am building an AF3 for sailing & rowing. But, that said, my other boat has a Yamaha 115 4 stroke. You really can't have too many although my wife will argue that point. "Yes Darlin, this is the last one." "But what if........?"
        Martin