Re: Tween re lateen

  • graeme
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2013
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 13, 2013
        > So, what if his Tween pics were copied across to a permanent Tween
        > album in

        Files instead.

        And thanks for your usual thorough research, Graeme.

        The Yahoo security is such that anyone can add to these folders
        anytime, I think.

        BTW When the plans came, the Freeship panel developments appeared
        pretty accurate, especially the little reverse curve in the bottom
        plank forward.

        Mark

        On Jan 12, 2013, at 10:44 PM, graeme wrote:

        > Mark,

        > and "Joe" made one rigged with a balanced lug http://
        > groups.yahoo.com/group/Michalak/message/2380
        >
        > Yes, Ed made the prototype and posted re lateen a couple of times
        > loong ago, and on the Bolger group only it seems http://
        > groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/message/5048
        >
        > All agree Tween sails well.
        >
        > Yet there's not many pics around. Apart from some recent study plan
        > doodln done here ;-)

        > and the poor pic and study plan at the duckworks plans page.
        >
        > Ed posted a rather better res pic (the same as that at duckworks
        > but better) in the bolger4 group here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
        > bolger4/photos/album/2087234656/pic/list

        > order=mtime
        >
        > Ed described that pictured hinged foldable Tween lateen yard here
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/message/37975
        >
        > The yahoo TOS say that anything posted in groups has effectively
        > surrendered copyright, sorta. It's long ago, and also as Ed hasn't
        > been heard on "Tween lateen" from anywhere google can get to in all
        > that time:
        >
        > So, what if his Tween pics were copied across to a permanent Tween
        > album in the photos section here?
        >
        > Graeme

        > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Mark Albanese wrote:
        > >
        > > Needing something small for impulse sailing close to home today I
        > > ordered Tween plans. Ed Heins' is the only finished boat generally
        > > known. Has anyone here built one? Got photos?
        > > Mark

      • Andres Espino
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
          As an owner of some other groups I would like to mention that Yahoo designates a certain amount of limited space in the group in the pics and in the files section.  Some groups do have a few pics in the Files folder.. but there is more space alloted for pics in the photos folder.  Not objecting.. just so everyone knows how it works.

          Andrew

          ________________________________
          > So, what if his Tween pics were copied across to a permanent Tween
          > album in

          Files instead.

          And thanks for your usual thorough research, Graeme.

          The Yahoo security is such that anyone can add to these folders
          anytime, I think.

          BTW When the plans came, the Freeship panel developments appeared
          pretty accurate, especially the little reverse curve in the bottom
          plank forward.

          Mark

          On Jan 12, 2013, at 10:44 PM, graeme wrote:

          > Mark,

          > and "Joe" made one rigged with a balanced lug http://
          > groups.yahoo.com/group/Michalak/message/2380
          >
          > Yes, Ed made the prototype and posted re lateen a couple of times
          > loong ago, and on the Bolger group only it seems http://
          > groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/message/5048
          >
          > All agree Tween sails well.
          >
          > Yet there's not many pics around. Apart from some recent study plan
          > doodln done here ;-)

          > and the poor pic and study plan at the duckworks plans page.
          >
          > Ed posted a rather better res pic (the same as that at duckworks
          > but better) in the bolger4 group here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
          > bolger4/photos/album/2087234656/pic/list

          > order=mtime
          >
          > Ed described that pictured hinged foldable Tween lateen yard here
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/message/37975
          >
          > The yahoo TOS say that anything posted in groups has effectively
          > surrendered copyright, sorta. It's long ago, and also as Ed hasn't
          > been heard on "Tween lateen" from anywhere google can get to in all
          > that time:
          >
          > So, what if his Tween pics were copied across to a permanent Tween
          > album in the photos section here?
          >
          > Graeme

          > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Mark Albanese wrote:
          > >
          > > Needing something small for impulse sailing close to home today I
          > > ordered Tween plans. Ed Heins' is the only finished boat generally
          > > known. Has anyone here built one? Got photos?
          > > Mark

        • Mark Albanese
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
            Thanks Andrew. Did not know that. I grouped it all together this time to
            avoid sprawl, since some of my materials were program files.

          • graeme
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
              > BTW When the plans came, the Freeship panel developments appeared
              > pretty accurate, especially the little reverse curve in the bottom
              > plank forward.

              I haddn't noticed that. Nicely done - a bit like a dory garboard plank chine edge.

              Was at boatdesign - Zephyr came up - needed a look up and back - so lateens to, coincidentally, Tween.

              This might be a good rig for WeeVee - or for biplane on a WeeVee beachcruising catamaran?