Re: Cross post=Jan/Feb Issue of the Small Craft advisor Magazine

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2012
      OK - right you are! I did not notice that photo. I thought you were
      referring to the rod extension in the cockpit.
      Hard to say which would work best. Line steering would probably mean you
      always have to stay seated or crouched down when steering. With an
      extended tiller like that you can steer while standing upright in the
      slot - which may give a better view forward when close manoeuvring.
      Perhaps a removable or extendible tiller extension. I see in another
      photo were Mike is sitting quite far forward when soloing so a steering
      line would work as well. It does involve some sheaves, fairleads, spring
      and tensioner etc.,which makes a tiller extension a lot simpler.

      http://www.duckworksbbs.com/hardware/steering/01/index.htm

      http://www.duckworksbbs.com/hardware/p-g/rl494/index.htm

      Nels

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, BGN5731@... wrote:>
      > Nels, I was thinking the very long tiller, shown in this photo, might
      be in
      > the way for very much movement, or comfort, within the cabin.

      _http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/projects/philsboat/inside-cabin1.jp\
      g_