Jim Michalak at Sail Oklahoma

  • Bll
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
      I thought you might like to see a photo by Chuck Pierce of Jim Michalak that was taken at the 2012 Sail Oklahoma Boating Festival.

      Jim M. is giving a talk about lee-boards to the attendees.

      I jsut thought you just stuck a board on the side of the boat! I didn't know there was high math involved!! <G>

      Bill Nolen
      OKC
    • alan enlow
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
        Yea, I let the designer do all the high falutin' cipering and gazintas and put it where  he or she says to. All hat math makes my eyes glaze over. Guess that is why i never became a nuclear physics guy.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
          the most fun is when YOU are the designer

          To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
          From: alan.enlow@...
          Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:37:25 -0800
          Subject: Re: [Michalak] Jim Michalak at Sail Oklahoma

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
            One thing to consider is that with most of Jim's designs, as well as
            Bolger's "Instant Boat" series there are cutting plans to give the
            maximum boat with the least amount of 8x4 plywood sheet wastage. At the
            present cost of good plywood the cost of plans are often less than a
            sheet of plywood!Also most have any errors already corrected and the
            boats - with the exception of the prototypes - have already been tested
            on the water.

            Nels