Re: New to Group and Boat

  • butterchurn2002
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
      Hi Martin,

      I have seen your videos and I really like them!

      How's Jani-J?

      Ron

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Martin Houston <mtnridr13@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ron. You came to the right place. There are folks here who have been building & sailing thier boats all their lives. I recommend using the best materials you can afford & glass the heck out of it with epoxy. Works for me. I have videos on youtube: hustn99
      > Martin
      >

      > ________________________________

    • butterchurn2002
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
        Hi Nels,

        Thanks for the links! I enjoyed them very much.

        Ron

        > Ron,
        > Being interested in an AF4 you will no doubt be interested in the
        > voyages and exploits of Rene Vidmer in his AF4B. You can read about
        > some of it here in the Files section.

        > Or search his name at Duckworks mag.
        >
        > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/
        >
        > <http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-3913451939716508%3A4xezl0-wbj7\
        > &ie=ISO-8859-1&q=rene+vidmer&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=rene%20vidmer&gsc\
        > .page=1>
        >
        > Rene has well over 8,000 miles on his "Kiss Of The Wolf". And get this -
        > I hear it is over somewhere in northern Europe now - I think Finland? He
        > is looking for another one to use back home in the Allenstown PA and
        > around Florida area.
        >
        > http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/af4/breve/index.htm
        >
        > Nels
        >
        > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "butterchurn2002" <amazingmisterx@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks for the replies. I feel better about building with wood and
        > keeping it in good shape after reading your replies. This appears to be
        > a very friendly group and I am going to enjoy learning from all of you.
        > >
        > > Ron

      • Martin Houston
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
          Thanks Ron. The Jani J is now Winterized & waiting for Summer & warm weather. We now have a 2005 Ford F350 to tow her with & plan on going to Lake Oahe, Missouri River for a week then. We have outgrown the Black Hills lakes & need some big water. Maby the Gulf Coast. Going to check it out when I do the Texas 200 in June.
          Martin