Re: [Michalak] Re: Boat Building Cost

  • john colley
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 23, 2012
      Hmmm,don't know about that.I'll bet when you finish your first boat ,you'll be so proud of your self that you'll regret not using good stuff..There is no mistake so big that you cannot fix with enough epoxy.I built my first boat straight from my head,no plans.Used marine ply and stitch and glue techniques i picked from John Welsfords excelent book Back yard boat builder. .

      -Sigurd Olson

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 23, 2012
        I agree with you.Minecost me as much as a fibreglass production canoe,But it has WAY more character.

        -Sigurd Olson

        No matter what formula you use it always costs more & takes longer than you think it will. We all know this going in. There are no cheap boats. If you want it bad enough, you do whatever it takes. Then you will have a boat.