Steve's Mayfly 14 Build

  • scast101
    Message 1 of 95 , Nov 1, 2012
      I've started to build a Mayfly 14 from Jim Michalak's book. I've started a blog about the process here and welcome your comments.

      Question: I just drew the side panel lines onto plywood, but the sheer isn't fair on either panel. It reverses direction slightly 6 feet back from the bow, causing the sheer to have a bit of an "S" in it when I lay a batten along the nails I installed at the measured locations. Checked my measurements 3x and now am wondering if there is a typo on the dimensions in the plans in the book. Checked the message board, but did not see this come up. Any advice most appreciated.

      Thanks.

      Steve
    • scast101
      Message 95 of 95 , Jul 31, 2014
        I've posted a couple of post-launch photos and short video clip of relaxed sailing. I've had it out 4 times and am please with the Mayfly's preformance.

        Thanks for looking.

        Steve

         A Few Images