Re: keelson slash shoe considerations

  • Tim Anderson
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 31, 2012
      I usually look at the engine manufacturers suggested mount angle and hight,
      use that as a starting point, wrap the transom with .125 aluminum to
      protect the fiberglass. Take it out and run it with a GPS to see what
      happens. Return to boat ramp, remove motor and aluminum, add a 3/4" lift,
      remount aluminum and motor go test again. After i am happy with the results
      i pull the motor and aluminum, glue on any additional material and then
      wash the aluminum with denatured rubbing alcohol before gluing it into
      place. Have fun. Tim P Anderson