Navigator Cabin

  • captainbws <timca@webtv.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
      I'm thrilled Jim is looking at this kind of cabin. The Nimble Kodiak
      has an aft pilot house, and Jay Benford (another one of my heroes)
      has an aft cabin pilothouse with a junk rig. I've fantacised about
      the Benford boat alot. Geez, I was just settling down on Scram Pram,
      and Jim throws out something else to get inside my fantasies. Who
      needs porn?....Thanks Jim, Tim
    • Sam Rufo
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
        Hello Group,
        Sad to say, our AF3 was short lived. we took her out twice. We realized we're not really sailors, so, it didnt really suit us very well. And plus it was a bit lengthy and not really wide enough for all of us. So, we gave it away. Looking into a new boat to build, maybe an AF4. We also looked into a 1978 Tri HUll Powerboat, 75hp. What do you guys think?
        Sam

      • Hal Lynch
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 01:42 PM, Sam Rufo wrote:

          > Looking into a new boat to build, maybe an AF4. We also looked into a
          > 1978 Tri HUll Powerboat, 75hp. What do you guys think?
          > Sam

          If the price of the tri-hull + motor + trailer is not greater than the
          price of an equivalent motor and trailer go for it. Tri-hulls are known
          for pounding in a chop and could spoil the fun for those with more
          sensitive body parts.

          On the other hand the tri-hull will get you on the water now and
          furnish a motor and trailer later for the boat you build.

          hal
        • Sam Rufo
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
            how bad would it be in a small chop, maybe 6-12in?

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
              On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 04:05 PM, Sam Rufo wrote:

              > how bad would it be in a small chop, maybe 6-12in?

              6" should be ok. 12" might be pushing it. The only way to tell
              for sure is to try it. One man's fun is another's pain. One sure
              fire test is to take someone of the female persuasion for a ride.
              Ask them to tell you the instant it starts to hurt or frighten them.
              If you don't want to boat alone listen.

              hal
            • Tim
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003