Re: Mike's Boat up for grabs

  • Dean Herring
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
      No offers yet - this is a 17 foot boat that looks real good from 10 feet away - that's what i meant to say regarding my finishing technique - which has not improved that much. Add is now out on Duckworks. got to make room for a philly I'm bringing back into the stable (should not have let her get away) - a john Gardner designed swampscott dory - hopefully she will take me back.

      Dean

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Herring" <dfharing@...> wrote:

      > location NC, Mike's boat, Launched in Feb 2011, 10 foot looks great view, need to make room in the stable for the GIS, $1750 or best offer - that will not even cover the cost of the Meranti ply, Glass, epoxy, and Duckworks sail on it. You come pick it up - trailer negotiable - I hate dealing with trailers. This boat is more of a protected coastal waters type boat - I've got to have smaller and lighter boats for the way I sail for inland lakes. Seriously I've built my last boat over 14 feet everything else will be less than that. Next build is between a Welsford 9ft Sherpa, Barto 13 ft Melonseed, or Welsford 13 ft Houdini. Dean

    • Dean Herring
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2012
        at the point where the first person to show up with $950 and a trailer can haul this boat away....

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 24, 2012
          well, now I'm thinking this back through again - Thinking about a 120 sqft Lug w/o mizzen for this boat. Take it out mostly with family in lighter winds. I suppose if i can't get the COE of the sail in the same place I can always modify the lee board leaving it at the same pivot point - what do you think. Dean