Buildboats.com retired

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
      Buildboats.com has been retired.
      Thanks to all who have contributed and visited for the past 17 years.
      As a one man volunteer effort the ongoing cost and time required to maintain the site are the main reasons, along with so many other resources available today such as this yahoo group.

      email to buildboats at yahoo dot com will remain active but tom at buildboats dot com will not.
      Over the next few months I will be selling some of my boatbuiling books, plans and equipmet under the ebay seller name buildboats
      (none that were provided by designers will be sold)

      http://www.ebay.com/sch/buildboats/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

      Cheers
      Tom
    • vtrockminer96
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2012
        Tom,

        I certainly have enjoyed the site on the occasions when I have explored it. I understand the motivation to let it go, too. Thanks for keeping it up and organized so well for so long!

        - Tim

        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <buildboats@...> wrote:

        > Buildboats.com has been retired.
        > Thanks to all who have contributed and visited for the past 17 years.
        > As a one man volunteer effort the ongoing cost and time required to maintain the site are the main reasons, along with so many other resources available today such as this yahoo group.
        >
        > email to buildboats at yahoo dot com will remain active but tom at buildboats dot com will not.
        > Over the next few months I will be selling some of my boatbuiling books, plans and equipmet under the ebay seller name buildboats
        > (none that were provided by designers will be sold)
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/sch/buildboats/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
        >
        > Cheers
        > Tom

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2012
          After several emails - I've been convinced to post the historical content and I have found a free site to do so:

          So I am currently uploading content to the free site listed below, I am sure there will be some linking issues within the site that I will have to address over time.

          http://buildboats.freezoy.com/

          Tom

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "vtrockminer96" <rockminer@...> wrote:

          > Tom,
          >
          > I certainly have enjoyed the site on the occasions when I have explored it. I understand the motivation to let it go, too. Thanks for keeping it up and organized so well for so long!
          >
          > - Tim
          >

          > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <buildboats@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Buildboats.com has been retired.
          > > Thanks to all who have contributed and visited for the past 17 years.
          > > As a one man volunteer effort the ongoing cost and time required to maintain the site are the main reasons, along with so many other resources available today such as this yahoo group.
          > >
          > > email to buildboats at yahoo dot com will remain active but tom at buildboats dot com will not.
          > > Over the next few months I will be selling some of my boatbuiling books, plans and equipmet under the ebay seller name buildboats
          > > (none that were provided by designers will be sold)
          > >
          > > http://www.ebay.com/sch/buildboats/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > > Tom

        • Tom