Week before Rend Lake

  • Bob Throne
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      I just got a note from Jackie & Mike Monies confirming that their eastern tour includes our Eastern Messabout, June 1-2-3 @ Elk Neck, MD. (at the confluence with the upper Chesapeake Bay) They are bringing the Red Scamp and a PDR.

      Needless to say, we're delighted to have them, and equally obvious, EVERY ONE IS INVITED. This group seems to be, with the Duckworks Forum, among the largest on the web. With so many of Jim's designs across the country we would love to see some more of them. Paul Moffitt will have his Pickup Pram and maybe his new "Paul's Boat", in addition to a scattering of other Michalak designs. According to the Duckworks Calendar we're the week before Rend Lake, so it might make a nice swing for some of you. I know Paul Helbert went on to sail with you last year. The more the merrier.

      Informal fun is always the priority, but we will have some "special features" this year. Sat. evening about dusk Paul Moffitt will lead a beach-side symposium on the OBX130 - covering the origin of the Outer Banks expedition, the boats - skippers - & action, and plans for 2012. Paul has also done the Texas 200 a couple times so this should be a fascinating discussion. Tom Mauer will have some slides to illustrate too.

      There will be Potluck Suppers both Fri & Sat, with FREE hod dogs & fixin's thanks to Eric Hughes and friends. The link to Elk Neck State Park is on our site and among us we'll be happy to answer any questions.

      Fair winds - Bob Throne