Messabout in So CA?

  • Dan Fournier <boatsfordan@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hey Steve,

      Bring up the subject of a So CA messabout when you get ready. We
      could probably get Todd with his mayfly 12 and Les has a dinghy.
      That twixt looks like a handy boat.

      Dan F.

      Hemet, CA
    • clanvagabond <clanvagabond@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2003
        Count me in. When? Where? If our winter temps hold in the 70's and
        80's it should be perfect weather as long as the Santa Ana's don't
        blow.
        Les
        --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fournier <boatsfordan@a...>"

      • vexatious2001 <cadbury@swbell.net>
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2003
          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "clanvagabond <clanvagabond@y...>"
          <clanvagabond@y...> wrote:

          > Count me in. When? Where? If our winter temps hold in the 70's and
          > 80's it should be perfect weather as long as the Santa Ana's don't
          > blow.
          > Les
          > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fournier <boatsfordan@a...>"
          > <boatsfordan@a...> wrote:
          > > Hey Steve,
          > >
          > > Bring up the subject of a So CA messabout when you get ready. We
          > > could probably get Todd with his mayfly 12 and Les has a dinghy.
          > > That twixt looks like a handy boat.
          > >
          > > Dan F.
          > >
          > > Hemet, CA

          these guys already have southern California Messabouts:

          http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Lagoon/6151/index.html

          Max
        • Dan Fournier <boatsfordan@aol.com>
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2003
            Yes it is true that we have the Southern California Small Boat
            Messabout Society based in San Diego. I pay the dues and get the
            newsletter and have been to a few messabouts. They sail mostly out
            the navy marina just south of Coronado on the strand. One member
            named Joe has built a Michalak Tween which I have sailed. Its a nice
            pram and sails pretty fast. He uses a balanced lug rig from another
            boat. I think he asked Jim to figure out if it would work. It does.
            San Diego is about 1.5 to 2 hours away from Hemet so I find it a
            long way to go for a day. They do have a five day messabout in
            August.

            I'm interested in messing about with messers on Riverside County
            lakes. Les how far are you from Perris lake (driving time)? Todd is
            in Anahiem and has expressed in interest in getting together at
            Alamitos Bay which is a pretty good drive for me but maybe not so
            bad for you. I'd like to see Todd's Mayfly 12 and try it out. He
            also has a Bolger Micro. Also, Joe mentioned above lives in
            Riverside. Joe is building a Simplicty 14. I think it is a Selway /
            Fisher design.

            Well, lets throw it around and make some plans.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003
              I'm 20 minuts from Perris. San Diego is to far for a day, I'm 1.5
              hours from there also. Alimitos Bay is even farther. I would like
              to do the San Diego 5 day messabout when my next boat is finished. I
              sent an email to scsbms for an application but have not received a
              replay, I'll try again. I have a 1963 Lido that I just restored for
              my grandson along with a couple of tiny boats
              http://www.travelback.com/origami. I'm starting on a 18 foot mini
              cruiser that I will be taking for an extended trip this summer (if
              its finished). A messabout in Riverside area would be great.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003
                <clanvagabond@y...> wrote:
                > I'm 20 minuts from Perris.

                Perfect Les,

                In spite of short notice I am anouncing the first Riverside Co. CA
                Messabout at Lake Perris. I plan to be at the launch ramp about
                1:00pm this Saturday. Anybody who can come is welcome. No schedule ,
                no rules. Come hang out if you can.

                Dan F.
                Hemet, CA
              • sallobadon <sjdand@citlink.net>
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003
                  <boatsfordan@a...> wrote:
                  > <clanvagabond@y...> wrote:
                  > > I'm 20 minuts from Perris.
                  >
                  > Perfect Les,
                  >
                  > In spite of short notice I am anouncing the first Riverside Co. CA
                  > Messabout at Lake Perris. I plan to be at the launch ramp about
                  > 1:00pm this Saturday. Anybody who can come is welcome. No
                  schedule ,
                  > no rules. Come hang out if you can.
                  >
                  > Dan F.
                  > Hemet, CA

                  Wish I could be there, Its so cold up here , any way I have Family
                  in Garden Grove , that we visit often ( Is that Near Lake Perris ? )
                  It would be around early spring , say April , that would be a good
                  time for us to come south , and by that time the Twixt would be ready
                  for its Maiden voyage , can also bring my Toto , and the piragua is
                  already down there , ( my grandkids xmas present) that could come
                  to , so between us all we could have a mess of boats , Hope this can
                  work out , Be nice to meet you all

                  Steve D

                  Susanville, California
                • Dan Fournier <boatsfordan@aol.com>
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003
                    --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "sallobadon <sjdand@c...>"
                    <sjdand@c...> wrote:
                    > > Wish I could be there, Its so cold up here , any way I have
                    Family
                    > in Garden Grove , that we visit often ( Is that Near Lake
                    Perris ? )

                    > Steve D
                    >
                    > Susanville, California

                    Hey Steve,

                    Its a good hour drive from Garden Grove maybe a little more. We
                    could go to Alamitos Bay if we can get Todd to show us around. It
                    would be closer for you. I can't wait to see Twixt (?) Ive been
                    thinking I'd like a car topper. Maybe that would work if made light
                    enough. E-mail me if you like when you come down. My address is in
                    the members section.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 8, 2003
                      Thanks for the invitation, I'm won't know if I can make it till the
                      end of the week. I would like to see the new boat in the water.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 8, 2003
                        I'd like to see the new boat but, I'm not sure if I can make it.