Plans bonanza today.

  • billr
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2011
      Just ordered Toto, Larsboat, Caprice, Cormorant plans from Duckworks BBS.
      I wish Jim would design a catamaran, asked him to but he declined.
      Anyway I'll be set for some good winter reading and daydreaming.
      Better put the coffee pot on.
      I'm up near Seattle.
    • alan enlow
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2011
        if you want a cat by JM, why not build two larsboats and rig them together?

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2011
          Gary Blankenship has also "elongated" a Larsboat as a tri. I think Jim
          assisted him in this.

          The thing about a catamaran is you have to build two identical hulls and
          then add a tramp to it. The simplest hull to do that with might be Gizmo
          if you only want a beach cat.

          http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/gizmo/index.htm

          But not sure the best way to arrange the rudders as it is double- ended.

          Another candidate might be the Piragua18

          http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/piragua18/index.htm

          Or how about 2 Lagunas with a hard shelter atop the connector?

          http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/laguna/index.htm

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, alan enlow <alan.enlow@...> wrote:

          > if you want a cat by JM, why not build two larsboats and rig them
          together?

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 17, 2011
            If you are interested in a cat you might want to look at Ray Aldrige's Slidercat.com

            --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "billr" <outboardr@...> wrote:

            > Just ordered Toto, Larsboat, Caprice, Cormorant plans from Duckworks BBS.
            > I wish Jim would design a catamaran, asked him to but he declined.
            > Anyway I'll be set for some good winter reading and daydreaming.
            > Better put the coffee pot on.
            > I'm up near Seattle.

          • Tom Sorensen
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
              Or look at jim browns latest seaclipper tris with the simplest, cheapest swing folding system yet.

              Tom