Re: [Michalak] Re: Trailer wheel bearings

  • Richard Spelling
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2002
      Definaletly. And if you have two D's, be in the one without the circle
      around it.

      Might try flushing your system and putting new antifreeze in too.
      Antifreeze has anti-corrosive properties, which break down over time. You
      should replace your antifreeze about every 100k miles.

      I had a van that was overheating. I took the top radiator hose off at the
      radiator (return from engine water pump to radiator), started the engine and
      kept the radiator topped off with water from a garden hose (works best in
      summer with hot hose water, cold causes themostat to close)(water heater
      drain might work too)(don't you hate all those asides?).

      Anyway, kept it topped off untill the water comming from the water pump was
      clear and not rusty, drained the system and added the appropriate amount of
      antifreeze.

      Never any more problems with overheating.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
        A good day of building on the Piragua 18. Today I laminated on the
        outer wales, scarfed and epoxy-glued the center skid, cut and framed
        the hatch openings in the decks, flipped the boat bottom-up, rounded
        the chines, taped the chines, removed the temporary frame, and
        filled a lot of holes, cracks and seams with epoxy-woodflour putty.

        My father stopped by to help me mount some glass panes in the
        new "porch room", and brought his new tool,toy a table mounted
        planer. Running a few pieces through, I began to see the REAL use
        for such a machine. Ripping all those wales on the table saw leaves
        a rough surface and sometimes uneven width (yeah I have trouble
        keeping the longer pieces tight against the fence). Instead of all
        that time with the palm sander and still having my laminations
        coming out with slightly different thicknesses, I could have been
        running them through this incredible planer--getting smooth edges
        and uniform thickness. Of course, my rough uneven wales are all
        glued on already, so too late now.

        It was a nice tool. After we were through, I noticed that he pulled
        a rag out of his pocket and dusted it off.

        Still to do on Piragua 18:
        light sanding of tape edges. a quick sealing coat of epoxy on
        exterior of boat. attaching central skid. build hatch covers.
        priming & painting. attaching decks. touch-up painting. try to
        resist putting it in the water before the paint cures hard.

        Rav