Re: Sailing the Family Skiff

  • scr243
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2011
      I bought three gallons and have half of one left. Other than taping the chines, I glassed the bottom with one layer of 12 oz. cloth, wrapping around the chine and up about four inches plus epoxy/graphite over that. I also glassed in the bench seats to form two more watertight compartments. In retrospect, I should have done the bottom with two layers of 12 oz almost up to the second chine plus the epoxy/graphite. If you sail in rocky areas, that extra protection comes in handy.

      Stan